National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM®) Credential Assessment
NCCAOM® Certification requires that applicants educated outside the United States complete a credential assessment. This credential assessment evaluates post-secondary (tertiary) academic records and transcripts to ensure international applicants meet the NCCAOM eligibility requirements for certification.
Here’s an overview of the assessment process:
1. When you click the Apply Now button below, you will be taken to the online application. Complete all the required fields.
2. After you have finished the application, you will be asked to pay for the service ($500).
3. After paying for the service, you will receive an email with a link to the “Request for Academic Records/Transcripts” form. Complete the applicant/student section of the form and send it to each post-secondary (tertiary) school you attended and ask them to complete it and return it to ICD. Note: All academic records, transcripts and course descriptions submitted to ICD must be in English.
4. Please send directly to ICD a notarized* photocopy of your secondary school (high school) diploma with a certified translation if it was not issued in English. (ICD does not accept translations from applicants.) This should be mailed to us at: ICD, 3600 Market Street, Suite 450, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2651. Please include your name, ICD file number and birth date.
5. Once all required documents have been received and reviewed, ICD will complete the evaluation in four to six weeks. The final report will be sent to NCCAOM and an applicant copy will be sent to you.
* ICD applicants can now use NotaryCam to notarize and submit documents from anywhere in the world. Find out more at www.icdeval.com/notarycam/.