Senior International Credentials Analyst
Position summary: Reviews and evaluates foreign educational credentials. Provides content leadership for the review and evaluation of foreign educational credentials for Credentials Evaluation Services. Applies knowledge and contacts in the credentialing field to strengthen existing programs and to develop new products and/or clients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates foreign educational credentials for further education, state licensing, employment, and immigration purposes.
- In collaboration with the manager, works with consultants, state boards of physical therapy, state boards of nursing, state boards of other professions, immigration lawyers, placement and recruitment agencies, higher education, and other constituents in the context of credential evaluation.
- In collaboration with the manager, establishes and/or strengthens relationships with credentialing organizations and international education organizations.
- In collaboration with manager, prepares and presents conference sessions/webinars and authors books/chapters on the evaluation of foreign educational systems or credentials, fraud detection and evaluation, and other related content to strengthen organizational stature in the field and to contribute to the credentialing profession as well as to international education.
- In collaboration with manager, provides content leadership for the review and evaluation of foreign credentials for ICD.
- In collaboration with manager, monitors policies and procedures governing the verification and evaluation of credentials, fraud detection systems and quality assurance protocols. Develops new policies and procedures and revises existing ones as necessary.
- In collaboration with manager, provides and/or supports professional development for junior staff and serves as the lead person for keeping abreast of knowledge and developments in the field.
- In collaboration with manager, serves as a coach and a resource to guide research and to support quality performance as needed.
- In collaboration with the librarian, provides content leadership to the development of library resources, archival materials, and other databases deemed essential to conducting credential review and evaluation.
- Handles high level correspondence and responses to inquiries on behalf of manager as deemed necessary.
- Participates in special project teams departmentally and interdepartmentally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree from and accredited college or university in a field related to international education.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of credentialing/academic admissions experience
- with international applicants in a broad range of disciplines and at all levels of education at a regionally accredited college or university or at a NACES member organization.
- Proficient in using computers and related technologies for operational and research purposes.
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Reports to Manager of Credentials Evaluation Programs.